Wednesday 20 February 2013

Day 3 - ab-tastic

Ab-tasticle!


I did abs today.  I don't have abs, I have flabs, but when I do this workout, I can feel something deep inside my tummy burning (and no, its not the spicy food I ate yesterday).  They say "abs are made in the kitchen" yes, well I would like the recipe because im always in the kitchen and never make these abs you speak of!
I know something is working because it still hurts, 8 hours later, but its such a great pain.  Like tweezing your eyebrows - nobody will admit it, but ladies - that pull of the hair brings us a little bit of joy, no?

I hope you said yes, because now I look like a weirdo.  Well, even more than what I already am.

So the diet has been going great, it's 11 and i'm starving.  Sounds about right for the third day.  I actually hit all my goals today so that's pretty bonus.  I weighed myself and went up a whopping .4 lbs!  who cares.  Lets see what happens tomorrow after I did my ab workout and crazy Tabata training as well.  What is this Tabata you speak of Daniela?? Well, check out my friend Dr. Sara and she'll explain it way better than I can, also her body alone will motivate you to get off your mum bum and get moving.  Check er out... 

Another thing I just want to mention, I am not obsessed with the numbers on the scale and I don't ever think anyone should be.  Don't have a goal weight, have a goal size.  I am 20lbs heavier post baby but fit in my pre baby jeans (hooray for spandex!).  Nobody told me my hips were going to widen and stay that way.  Nobody told me what happens to your boobs after breastfeeding (or in my case pumping 10 times a day).  And I didn't even go full term!  bah!  I can't imagine what another 3 and a half months would have done to my ass.
I want to be smaller than my pre baby jeans because I was fatter than my pre married pants (thanks to my mother-in-laws cheesey/buttery/oily/salty/tasty cooking.  Oh Ang, thanks for always tasting the rapini first :P) and my moms larger than life "small" dinners.  Since when is Cordon Bleu, Pasta Alfredo, Tossed Salad and something au gratin a tuesday night meal?
(sidenote... my mom wrote an amazing cookbook based on my Nonna's reciepes... the Antipasto section is on sale for you ebook readers... check it out!


Needless to say, once I got married and had to finally cook for myself, nothing changed.  I could make what I wanted, so I made pasta.  All the time.  And my cousin showed me how to make popcorn on the stove - so much more healthy than the microwave, but I would eat a whole pot full.  with butter. and salt.

I have changed the way we eat since we got home with le babay.  We always eat good, healthy food and the pasta is kept only for my hubby or guests.  I was on a Gluten Free kick for a while, but just because its gluten free doesn't mean its fat free or that you can have it every other night.  I kicked it to the snowy curb and said goodbye pasta, hello egg whites! I want my daughter to grow up thinking pasta is a treat, not a staple. I want her to know that there is a whole world of veggies and fruits and she should eat them everyday, all day.  Most importantly I want her to look at food differently that I did.  I want her to look at it as nourishment  not comfort.  More on this another day......

so im off now to get my "8" hours, which by the way, ended up being about 4 last night because the little miss thought that it would be fun to wake up at 2:30 and not go back to sleep until 5am then start her day at 7am.  ah, life with a baby.

Alrighty, me and my abs are outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment